Exam Board: AQA
This is a combined course—you will be taught the three science disciplines as separate subjects, however, you will receive two GCSEs in Science as a combined award.
- Cell biology
- Infection and response
- Homeostasis and response
- Inheritance, variation and evolution
- Atomic structure and the periodic table
- Bonding, structure and the properties of matter
- Quantitative chemistry
- Chemical changes
- Energy changes
- The rate and extent of chemical change
- Organic chemistry
- Chemical analysis
- Chemistry of the atmosphere
- Using resources
- Magnetism and electromagnetism
- Particle model of matter
- Atomic structure
You will be expected to bring a scientific calculator to all lessons (e.g. Casio FX-GT83) along with normal equipment such as a ruler, a pen and a pencil.
100% examination—six 1 hour 15 minute papers, each worth 16.7%. Papers will include multiple choice, long and short answer questions.