Applications to Toot Hill College
Open evening key details:
The Toot Hill College Open Evening 2017 will take place on the evening of Tuesday 7th November.
There will be a choice to attend one of two sessions, either 6.30 - 7.30pm or 7.30 - 8.30pm.
The Open Evening will be held in The Suthers Building.
Online booking for the event will open on Monday 2nd October. You can book a place by visiting www.toothillschool.co.uk/open or by clinking on the link on the main Toot Hill School website.
Format of the evening
Each hour session will begin with a 15 minute introduction from Mrs. Sarah Fox, Head of College. This will then be followed by the option to attend up to four 10 minute subject-specific presentations for courses students are considering taking, as well as the chance to explore College facilities.
Toot Hill College prospectus
In addition, hard copies of the prospectus will be distributed during the College Open Evening.
Applying to toot Hill COLLEGE - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Choosing the right place for your child to continue their education is an incredibly important decision and the information below will also be touched upon at the Open Evening.
Nevertheless, in order to try and provide as much relevant information and advice possible, please refer to our 'Applying to Toot Hill College? Year 11 Advice and Guidance Handbook', which covers the following sections:
- What are the Toot Hill College entry requirements?
- Which types of courses are offered at Toot Hill College and how do they compare?
- How many courses will students select to study in Year 12 at Toot Hill College and why?
- What advice can we give students to help them select appropriate courses?
- How and when do students make an application to Toot Hill College?
- Given my GCSE results profile, what have students tended to study in the past and where have they tended to go after Toot Hill College?
In order to apply for a place at Toot Hill College for a September 2018 start, you will need to complete our online application form at www.toothillschool.co.uk/apply
The application cycle will open on Wednesday 8th November 2017. The final deadline for receiving applications will be Friday 19th January 2018.
- Holiday Patterns 2018/2019
- INSET Day - Monday 27th November 2017
- Tutor Review Day 26th September 2017
- Parent Forum Evening on Monday 19 June 2017
- The Suthers School
- Y13 Mentor Programme Summer 2017
- Progression Policy Vocationals
- Parent Forum Evening on Tuesday 14 March 2017
- Dropping A Subject FAQ's
- Y12 Data Description
- Year 12 Parents Evening
- 13.1 Data Descriptor for yr 13 Reports
- Year 13 Data Report Letter
- Year 13 Parents Evening
- Parent Forum - November 2016
- Additional INSET Day 5th December 2016
- Bus Pass Applications
- 25/5/18 Y13 Celebration Breakfast
- 25/5/18 End of Half Term
- 4/6/18 Start of Half Term 2
- 14/6/18 Y12 Art Trip (Art & Design)
- 19/6/18 - 20/6/18 College Induction Day
- 21/6/18 Y12 UCAS Information Evening
- 25/6/18 - 29/6/18 Y12 Internal Assessments 3
- 2/7/18 - 4/7/18 Art Exhibition (Art & Design)
- 6/7/18 College Ball
- 8/7/18 - 11/7/18 Y13 DoE Gold
- 9/7/18 NCS Wave 2 Begins
- 9/7/18 Learning Lounge Reading Awards (Learning Lounge)
- 13/7/18 Y12 Results Day
- 16/7/18 - 20/7/18 Y12 Work Experience
- 16/7/18 - 28/7/18 World Challenge
- 18/7/18 - 20/7/18 Biology Trip (Science)
- 24/7/18 End of Summer Term
- 25/7/18 INSET Day
- 100% A Level pass rate at Toot Hill College for the fifth year in a row
Students and staff at Toot Hill College are celebrating another year of A Level success (18/08/2017)
- A Level success continues at Toot Hill College
Toot Hill College has yet again seen its students perform to the very highest level (18/08/2016)
- Toot Hill College achieves best ever A Level Results
Toot Hill College is pleased to announce its best ever A Level results. (13/08/2015)
- Toot Hill College achieves best ever A level results
100% pass rate and 86% of students gain an A* to C (14/08/2014)
- Toot Hill College secures best ever A-Level results
Toot Hill College secures best ever A-Level results sending record numbers of students to university (16/08/2013)