College Induction Days
A guide to enrolment and the first day of autumn term 2017
Please find here the 'Y12 Guide to Starting Toot Hill College' September 2017.
This guide includes details regarding the following:
Part A: What do students need to do before September?
- Reminder - What are the Toot Hill College entry requirements?
- How do I enrol to take up my place in September?
- What if I don't meet the general College entry requirements?
- What if I meet the general College entry requirements, but not the course-specific ones for the courses I have chosen?
- What if I meet the general College entry requirements, and the course-specific ones for the courses I have chosen, but want to change courses anyway?
- Summer tasks
Part B: Some handy things to know for your first day!
- Key expectations at Toot Hill College
- Who's who?
- What do a normal timetabled day and week look like?
- Where are ...?
We hope you find this useful and we look forward to seeing you on the first day of Autumn Term - Monday 4th September 2017.
SUMMER TASKS 2017
Please find below electronic copies of the summer tasks given out at the College Induction Days 2017 in each of the course taster sessions.
Students must complete a summer task for each of the courses they wish to study next year by the first day of Autumn Term - Monday 4th September 2017.
- Art and Design 1
- Art and Design 2
- BTEC Applied Science
- BTEC Sport 1
- BTEC Sport 2
- Drama and Theatre
- English Language
- English Literature
- English Combined (Language and Literature)
- Government and Politics
- History 1 - Cold War
- History 2 - The Tudors
- ICT BTEC
- Maths 1
- Maths 2 (Further Maths)
- Maths Summer Booklet
- PE A Level 1
- PE A Level 2
- PE A Level 3
- Philosophy and Ethics
- Product Design
- Textile Design 1
- Textile Design 2
INFORMATION FOR INDUCTION DAYS 20th and 21st JUNE 2017
- Holiday Patterns 2018/2019
- INSET Day - Monday 27th November 2017
- Tutor Review Day 26th September 2017
- Parent Forum Evening on Monday 19 June 2017
- The Suthers School
- Y13 Mentor Programme Summer 2017
- Progression Policy Vocationals
- Parent Forum Evening on Tuesday 14 March 2017
- Dropping A Subject FAQ's
- Y12 Data Description
- Year 12 Parents Evening
- 13.1 Data Descriptor for yr 13 Reports
- Year 13 Data Report Letter
- Year 13 Parents Evening
- Parent Forum - November 2016
- Additional INSET Day 5th December 2016
- Bus Pass Applications
- 25/5/18 Y13 Celebration Breakfast
- 25/5/18 End of Half Term
- 4/6/18 Start of Half Term 2
- 14/6/18 Y12 Art Trip (Art & Design)
- 19/6/18 - 20/6/18 College Induction Day
- 21/6/18 Y12 UCAS Information Evening
- 25/6/18 - 29/6/18 Y12 Internal Assessments 3
- 2/7/18 - 4/7/18 Art Exhibition (Art & Design)
- 6/7/18 College Ball
- 8/7/18 - 11/7/18 Y13 DoE Gold
- 9/7/18 NCS Wave 2 Begins
- 9/7/18 Learning Lounge Reading Awards (Learning Lounge)
- 13/7/18 Y12 Results Day
- 16/7/18 - 20/7/18 Y12 Work Experience
- 16/7/18 - 28/7/18 World Challenge
- 18/7/18 - 20/7/18 Biology Trip (Science)
- 24/7/18 End of Summer Term
- 25/7/18 INSET Day
- 100% A Level pass rate at Toot Hill College for the fifth year in a row
Students and staff at Toot Hill College are celebrating another year of A Level success (18/08/2017)
- A Level success continues at Toot Hill College
Toot Hill College has yet again seen its students perform to the very highest level (18/08/2016)
- Toot Hill College achieves best ever A Level Results
Toot Hill College is pleased to announce its best ever A Level results. (13/08/2015)
- Toot Hill College achieves best ever A level results
100% pass rate and 86% of students gain an A* to C (14/08/2014)
- Toot Hill College secures best ever A-Level results
Toot Hill College secures best ever A-Level results sending record numbers of students to university (16/08/2013)