Why do Post 16 Design & Technology?
AQA Product Design (3D Design)
AQA Product Design is a 2 year A Level course that enables students to Design and Make creative Products to solve real life problems and fulfil design needs. The structure is as follows:
- AS builds up students’ knowledge and understanding of Materials, Components and their Application. As well as being an opportunity to design and make a product of their own.
- A2 teaches students about the Design industry, the Market influences that Designers must consider and the industrial processes involved. Again there is a major Design and Make coursework Project.
- Overall the course is 50% Coursework (1 AS Project and 1 A2 Project) and 50% Externally Examined (1 AS Exam and 1 A2 Exam.)
The course is both creative and technical and prepares students effectively for careers in the following; Product Design, Graphic Design, Interior Design, Architecture, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Joinery/Cabinet Making, Manufacturing, CAD Draughtsman
Design & Technology News
- Toot Hill STEM Exhibition a success
At the Toot Hill STEM Exhibition students from years 7, 8, 9, 10, &12 exhibited their STEM projects (14/03/2017)
- Master Chef - October half term
Miss Chattaway's Year 6 Master Chef activity goes well during October half term (06/11/2015)
- Techno Challenge
Techno-challenge - Motor Racing Week: Fun and Rewarding (14/09/2015)
- Michelin Star chef masterclass
Michelin star chef Jason Lynas delivered an inspirational practical lesson for a group of students (28/10/2013)
- Food Tech enjoys the gift of a bumper harvest!
Copy of an article that appeared in the Newark Advertiser on the 3 October 2013 (17/10/2013)