Year 9 & 10 Curriculum
Year 9 & 10 have started studying AQA Geography.
Exam board website: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/geography
- Paper 1: Physical Geography - 1 hour 30 minutes - worth 37.5%
- Paper 2: Human Geography - 1 hour 30 minutes - worth 37.5%
- Paper 3: Fieldwork and skills - 1 hour 15 minutes - worth 25%
Course rationale from exam board
This popular course offers:
- engaging and topical content
- a stimulating blend of traditional and contemporary Geography to suit students of all abilities
- the study of physical and human Geography in discrete, self-contained topic areas
- a focus on physical processes and factors that produce diverse and dynamic landscapes over time.
Study of this course will give students of all backgrounds the opportunity to develop:
- communication skills
- graphical and cartographical skills
- technological skills including ICT and GIS
- interpersonal skills through debate and discussion
- literacy and numeracy skills
- problem-solving skills
- entrepreneurial skills and awareness of career possibilities.