Every lesson you will be expected to bring the following:
Use of Computers
- If technical problems occur, alert a member of staff. Do not attempt to rectify the problem yourself.
- Treat all equipment with due respect - no fiddling!
- Appropriate use of Internet & other services in line with school guidelines (see below)
- A committed & determined approach to all set tasks
- No games!
Presentation of work
All documents should contain a header or footer with pupil’s name and tutor set.
When students use the Internet it is essential that they are responsible for their actions in accessing networked services. All users of this facility will be expected to abide by the rules of its use.
The Toot Hill computer facility should not be used for the following:
- Sending or displaying offensive messages or pictures
- Accessing undesirable material
- Violating copyright laws
- Using another's password
- Trespassing in another's folder, work or files
- Intentionally wasting limited resources (including time e.g. offensive or unwanted e-mail)
- Employing the network for commercial purposes
- Any use of the network that would bring the name of the school into disrepute
- Interfering with the functioning of the network in the school, the service provider’s network, or any other network that can be accessed through the Internet.
- Attempting to gain unauthorised access to any computer system, network data or resource.
Also, the user must respect the acceptable use policies of any network that they access.
The user should only print essential resource material, and should always check the length of the article before printing.
Failure to abide by these guidelines may lead to withdrawal of computer access (including Internet and e-mail facilities) and/or further action under the school’s Code of Conduct.