Parents can help by:
- Helping your child to find the best way to learn vocabulary and phrases by heart.
- Checking that homework is being completed to the best of your child's ability and handed (or completed online) in on time.
- Encouraging pupils to seek help with problems prior to their next languages lesson.
Pupils can help themselves by:
- Always having the right equipment
- Listening carefully to their teacher and to others
- Always completing their homework, using Insight to check deadlines and print worksheets
- Learning vocabulary on a regular basis
- Checking their work carefully for spelling and grammar
- Asking for help BEFORE the homework is due in
Vocabulary - www.quizlet.com : Ask your teacher for the class to look for (usually Toothillyear...+your language).
Homework - Years 7 & 8
You will have a booklet to complete each half term - there will be vocabulary to learn in these and some exercises to help you practise too.
Homework - Years 9 & 10
Your teacher will tell you your username (normally the same as your school one).
Make a note of your password once you've changed it!
Years 9 and 10 will also have 2 written questions to prepare every 2 weeks. These will be linked to themes, vocabulary and grammar covered in lessons. It will be part of their homework on alternate weeks to prepare and revise key structures to answer these questions.
Modern Foreign Languages News
- Brains & Biscuits!
The start of a new after school MFL club... (17/10/2015)
- Year 9 Ambassadors tackle teaching!
The Launch of the 'Teaching in the Primaries' initiative (17/10/2015)
- Baking Off Beyond Britain
European Bake Off Day: A Macmillan coffee morning (17/10/2015)
- It's all about Boulogne!!!
The final languages voyage of 2014/2015 (20/07/2015)
- Year 10 Fly High
A recent G&T languages visit to RAF Cranwell (20/07/2015)