Each year group receives a homework schedule indicating what is required of them.
In year 7, students will receive a homework booklet and schedule for each module of study.
These booklets will contain the vocabulary and/or grammar they need to revise on any given week, as well as a variety of different exercises or tasks to support this.
This homework is designed to help improve their understanding and use of the basics as they get to grips with languages early on in year 7, and give them exposure to new language as well as different and varied cultural aspects of the French speaking world.
Students may, in addition to or instead of this, have some more extended pieces of writing to complete as homework to support the work done in lessons..
Homework at GCSE comes in a variety of forms:
- Weekly tasks to complete on the Active Learn system (as instructed and explained in class time);
- Weekly vocab/grammar - students will have modular vocab lists available to them and vocabulary will be available on quizlet for additional practice;
- Revision for GCSE style speaking assessments - whether picture based, conversation or role play (once per term);
- Extended/creative writing tasks (once per term)
Modern Foreign Languages News
- Brains & Biscuits!
The start of a new after school MFL club... (17/10/2015)
- Year 9 Ambassadors tackle teaching!
The Launch of the 'Teaching in the Primaries' initiative (17/10/2015)
- Baking Off Beyond Britain
European Bake Off Day: A Macmillan coffee morning (17/10/2015)
- It's all about Boulogne!!!
The final languages voyage of 2014/2015 (20/07/2015)
- Year 10 Fly High
A recent G&T languages visit to RAF Cranwell (20/07/2015)