Resources and Books
We often get asked which calculator to get or which revision guide is most suitable - below are our current recommendations (but remember - other calculators/revision guides are available!). Follow the links for more information at the relevant websites.
All pupils would benefit by having their own scientific calculator. Although all scientific calculators are suitable, we recommend the following models that feature a 'Natural Textbook' display which makes them easier and more intuitive to use:
- Casio FX85GT PLUS - suitable for KS3, GCSE and A level (More Info) - we currently have these available to buy from your Maths teacher at £7.00 each.
- Casio FX83ES - suitable for KS3, GCSE and A level (More Info)
- Casio FX85ES - as above but solar powered (More Info)
- Casio FX991ES - this model is most useful for A level candidates as it is able to carry out numerical differentiation and integration (More Info)
At A-Level, although not a requirement of the course, students may benefit from access to a Graphical Calculator. The Casio FX-9750GA PLUS (More Info) is a suitable model.
Years 9, 10 and 11 (GCSE)
We recommend the Collins AQA GCSE Maths Higher/Foundation All-in-one Revision Guides, available in two versions according to tier of entry (ask your teacher if you are not sure what you need):
- Foundation Revision Guide (ISBN: 978-0008112516)
- Higher Revision Guide (ISBN: 978-0008112509)
These books are available from your Maths teacher throughout the year for £4.00.
- Junior Kangaroo Results 2017
Kangaroo success! (27/06/2017)
- Junior Maths Challenge 2017
Five qualifiers for the Junior Kangaroo! (20/05/2017)
- Intermediate Maths Challenge 2017
Two qualifiers for the Grey Kangaroo and one qualifier for the Pink Kangaroo! (22/02/2017)
- Junior Maths Challenge 2016 Results
Five students qualify for the Junior Kangaroo! (13/05/2016)
- Intermediate Maths Challenge 2016
Two qualifiers for the Pink Kangaroo and one for the Grey Kangaroo! (03/03/2016)