Year 8 Curriculum
The year 8 curriculum has changed this year following feedback from the student voice in 2017. As a result, the curriculum boasts plenty of practical activities and encourages the students to work independently, taking responsibility for their own learning.
The following units of work are studied in Year 8 (one lesson per week):
- Performing: Singing; Drum kit; Ukelele; Keyboard (at least two)
- Composing opportunities: Pop songs; The Blues.
|Drum kit|| |
|The Blues|| |
|Pop Music|| |
- Stunning Day with the Toot Hill Big Band at the East Bridgford Village Show
Lucy Kent and Ewan Wilson entertain hundreds of locals. (06/07/2018)
- Toot Hill Big Band at the Bingham Fair
3 generations of Toot Hill Musicians entertain the public. (06/07/2018)
- Summer Recital
Toot Hill Summer Recital at St Mary's Bingham (11/06/2018)
- Toot Hill Big Band at Bingham Methodist Bi - centenary
The Toot Hill Big Band play for a tea dance at the opening of the bi-centenary celebrations. (08/06/2018)
- Three generations of Toot Hill Big Band musicians rehearse.
Toot Hill Big Band rehearses for Bingham Fair, East Bridgford Village Show and Methodist Tea Dance. (29/05/2018)