Year 8 Curriculum
The year 8 curriculum has changed this year following feedback from the student voice in 2017. As a result, the curriculum boasts plenty of practical activities and encourages the students to work independently, taking responsibility for their own learning.
The following units of work are studied in Year 8 (one lesson per week):
- Performing: Singing; Drum kit; Ukelele; Keyboard (at least two)
- Composing opportunities: Pop songs; The Blues.
|Drum kit|| |
|The Blues|| |
|Pop Music|| |
- Ceilidh Day at Toot Hill School
Students experience the music and energy of a real Ceilidh! (22/05/2018)
- Rehearsals for the Spring Concert
Year 7's rehearse Eurovision song 'Storms' for the Spring Concert. (22/05/2018)
- Wicked trip!
GCSE Music Students at Toot Hill School visit London to see the musical 'Wicked'. (22/05/2018)
- December music exam results
Students aced their music exams in December! (27/01/2018)
- Autumn term news
Look what we've been up to! (15/12/2017)