Year 8 Curriculum
The year 8 curriculum has changed this year following feedback from the student voice in 2017. As a result, the curriculum boasts plenty of practical activities and encourages the students to work independently, taking responsibility for their own learning.
The following units of work are studied in Year 8 (one lesson per week):
- Performing: Singing; Drum kit; Ukelele; Keyboard (at least two)
- Composing opportunities: Pop songs; The Blues.
|Drum kit|| |
|The Blues|| |
|Pop Music|| |
- Christmas Concert, Tuesday 4 December
Students rehearse for the Christmas Concert. (25/11/2018)
- Standing ovation!
Toot Hill Big band recently played at two local World War 1 centenary celebrations. (15/11/2018)
- Year 7 Concert: great fun was had by the whole year group!
Hugh Paine (25/10/2018)
- Stunning Day with the Toot Hill Big Band at the East Bridgford Village Show
Lucy Kent and Ewan Wilson entertain hundreds of locals. (06/07/2018)
- Toot Hill Big Band at the Bingham Fair
3 generations of Toot Hill Musicians entertain the public. (06/07/2018)