Studying GCSE (9–1) Physical Education will open your eyes to the amazing world of sports performance. Not only will you have the chance to perform in three different sports through the non-exam assessment component, you will also develop wide ranging knowledge into the how and why of Physical activity and sport. The combination of the physical performance and academic
challenge provides an exciting opportunity for students. You can perform, and then through the academic study learn how to improve your performance though application of the theory.
Physical Education is learned about through a range of different contexts and the impact it has on both ours and other’s everyday lives. You will learn the reasons why we do things, why some people
out perform others, mentally and physically. You will also delve into the ethical considerations behind the use of drugs and also gain an understanding of the consequences of inactivity and poor diet.
- Simple, straight forward assessment structure
- All key areas of study covered
- Opportunities to perform in three different activities
- Provides an excellent introduction to future study in this and many other areas
Physical Education News
- Ambassadors help shape the PE department
PE ambassadors have been now been selected! (04/12/2018)
- Boys Reach National Cross Country National Finals!
Inter Boys Cross County Team finished a respectable 19th position overall (30/11/2018)
- Phoenix Weir heading towards becoming the next Olympian!
Outstanding performance from a talented individual! (29/11/2018)
- Toot Hill host first netball CVL Tournaments
Over 140 pupils participated in the U12s and U13s Netball CVL (29/11/2018)
- Record numbers attend PE Extended Study
Toot Hill PE hold 16 clubs with over 20 staff dedicating their time to provide opportunities for all (28/11/2018)