Studying GCSE (9–1) Physical Education will open your eyes to the amazing world of sports performance. Not only will you have the chance to perform in three different sports through the non-exam assessment component, you will also develop wide ranging knowledge into the how and why of Physical activity and sport. The combination of the physical performance and academic
challenge provides an exciting opportunity for students. You can perform, and then through the academic study learn how to improve your performance though application of the theory.
Physical Education is learned about through a range of different contexts and the impact it has on both ours and other’s everyday lives. You will learn the reasons why we do things, why some people
out perform others, mentally and physically. You will also delve into the ethical considerations behind the use of drugs and also gain an understanding of the consequences of inactivity and poor diet.
- Simple, straight forward assessment structure
- All key areas of study covered
- Opportunities to perform in three different activities
- Provides an excellent introduction to future study in this and many other areas
- 25th Apr 2018: The College team make that a triple success for the Toot Hill football teams tonight. Beating Becket on pens.
Physical Education News
- East Midlands Modern Biathlon
Calling all swimmers, runners, triathletes, teachers and especially 'Have ago-ers’! (14/09/2017)
- British Modern Biathlon Series
Enter today (27/09/2016)
- Y7 Girls Inter Tutor Football Competition
Fantastic numbers, effort and smiles! (27/11/2015)
- South Notts Hockey Club
New members (26/11/2015)
- Pentathlon at Toot Hill
Free session (21/10/2015)