Year 7 Curriculum
Through active learning and various Thinking Skills exercises, year 7 pupils have the opportunity to really absorb themselves in some of the big theological questions of the past and present.
Download Year 7 Student's Guide to RE [PDF].
Sample Unit 1: Does God Exist?
In this unit we shall explore the different arguments for the existence of God and what people believe about the nature of God. We will try to answer some of the following arguments:
- Can the natural world reveal God?
- What are creation myths?
- What are some of the main arguments for and against the existence of God?
- What is meant by the cosmological argument?
- What do religious experiences teach us about people's beliefs in God?
- What do I believe in God?
Assessment: Discursive essay on the arguments for and against the existence of God.