STEM - Energy Quest Challenge was an interesting and fun morning for year 9.
The students got a great insight into what it means to be an Engineer and how vital the profession fill be in a future with an expanding population and energy demand. They got hands on during the workshop, making and testing electric cars which showed very clearly the importance of energy efficiency.
They also got to hear from Dr Jalil who is a real life Engineer who is working on the ways in which video games and the Internet of Things can be used to reduce the energy use in a domestic home. This also led into some food for thought about future career pathways in Engineering.
The Tomorrows Engineers staff were impressed with the level of understanding and insight that the year 9 students had to offer and the day has provided a great launchpad for the start of the new STEM project the Shell "Bright Ideas Challenge" which is being completed by year 8 & 9 students after school every Wednesday in DT5.
For more photographs click here
More News Stories
- International Women in Engineering Day, Tarmac visit for a Yr 8 girls STEM event
Engineers from Barnstone Cement works visited Toot Hill on 22nd June to deliver a hands on workshop (11/07/2018)
- Shell Bright Ideas Challenge - STEM Club Regional WINNERS!
Our STEM Club are Regional Winners of the Competition, winning £1500 and a 2 day trip to London! (11/06/2018)
- Year 7 Science Technology Engineering & Maths (STEM) Opportunities
Year 7 students students have been signing up for opportunities to broaden their experience of STEM (30/04/2018)
- Toot Hill travels to the National Final of the Big Bang Competition
Our year 8/9 STEM club exhibited at the Big Bang Fair & another 60 year 9/10 students came along too (16/03/2018)
- The Big Bang Fair STEM Trip: Get your tickets now!
The Year 9 & 10 STEM trip to the Big Bang Fair is on Wednesday 14th March. Only 60 places available! (12/02/2018)
- STEM - Energy Quest Challenge was an interesting and fun morning for year 9.
STEM experts visited year 9 students to get them thinking (& making), off timetable for a morning (08/11/2017)
- Year 9 Energy Quest STEM Morning
On Tuesday 7th November 60 year 9 students will have a hands on STEM Morning (03/11/2017)
- Big Bang STEM Competition for year 8 & 9 starts this Wednesday
If you're in year 8 or 9 with an interest in Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths check it out (18/09/2017)
- STEM Big Bang Fair Near Me Trip
Year 9 and 10 students visit the regional exhibition and workshops for a great STEM experience (04/07/2017)
- Big Bang "Near Me" - Thursday 29th June 2017
Fantastic STEM trip to an exhibition & workshops for any year 9s & 10s who are interested in STEM. (14/06/2017)