Refugee Action Nottingham collection
"Refugee Action Nottingham" Charity initiative.
Pupils in Year 8 & 9 at Toot Hill School in Bingham have been collecting clothing and toiletries on behalf of Refugee Action Nottingham.
This local charity aims to support refugees who are suffering across Europe and is currently supporting Syrians who have fled their country and are now stranded in refugee camps across Europe. The year groups have been in friendly competition with each other over the last two weeks to see who could collect the most items.
In total, 16 bags of clothes, shoes, blankets and towels, along with five boxes packed full of toiletries, have been donated. Year 8 came out on top but Mr Lynas, the teacher organising the collection, said: “The most important thing is that we have been able to make a substantial donation to a worthy cause.
“The charity has been really grateful for our work and we’re hoping the initiative will become an annual event in the school calendar.” A spokesperson from Refugee Action Nottingham said: “May I say thank you for organising the collection, it all helps so much. Please pass thanks on to the three lovely helpers and also to all the children and families involved”.
More News Stories
- Refugee Action Nottingham collection
Charity Initiative (28/06/2016)
- Junior Boys Qualify for ESAA National Athletics Final
Year 7/8 Boys reach National Final! (28/06/2016)
- Holiday Patterns 2020-2023
- Holiday Patterns 2018/2019
- INSET Day - Monday 27th November 2017
- Tutor Review Day 26th September 2017
- Years 8, 9 and 10 Start of Year
- Activities Week Foreign Trips 2017
- Parent Forum Evening on Monday 19 June 2017
- Changes regarding the purchase of uniform
- The Suthers School
- Parent Forum Evening on Tuesday 14 March 2017
- Parent Forum - November 2016
- Additional INSET Day 5th December 2016
- Years 8,9 and 10 Beginning of Year
- Bus Pass Applications
- 27/8/18 Bank Holiday
- 28/8/18 INSET Day
- 29/8/18 INSET Day
- 30/8/18 INSET Day
- 31/8/18 INSET Day
- 4/9/18 Start of Autumn Term for Y8,9,10,13
- 25/9/18 Tutor Parent Review Day
- 27/9/18 Achievement Evening
- 4/10/18 KS3 Big Draw Able and Aspiring (Art & Design)
- 10/10/18 - 12/10/18 PGL Trip
- 23/10/18 Movie Night: Murder on the Orient Express (Learning Lounge)
- 24/10/18 Y8 Trip to Yorkshire Sculpture Park (Art & Design)
- 26/10/18 End of Half Term
- 5/11/18 Start of Half Term 2
- 13/11/18 Activities Week Residentials Parents Information Evening