100% A Level pass rate at Toot Hill College for the fifth year in a row
Students and staff at Toot Hill College are celebrating another year of A Level success having achieved a 30% A*–A grades and 89% A*–C grades. The college is also proud to announce that they have secured a 100% pass rate in A Level and vocational courses for a fifth consecutive year.
- 100% pass rate, covering both A Level and vocational courses
- 30% A*–A (A Level)
- 89% A*–C (A Level)
Sarah Fox, Head of College, commented:
"I am absolutely delighted with our results this year and very proud of all our students; I'm only disappointed I am not able to mention all of them below.
They have all worked exceptionally hard over the past two years, risen admirably to the challenge of national changes at Key Stage 5, and these excellent results are a testament to their dedication and perseverance. Well done."
Students who study at Toot Hill College regularly secure places at the country’s best universities. Amongst the highest achievers in the college this year were:
- Sam Wilson, who secured an astonishing three A* grades in Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics. Sam will be studying Physics at the University of Birmingham.
- Becca Culley, who achieved an A* in Business Studies and two As in Mathematics and Economics. Becca will be studying Accounting and Finance at the University of Warwick.
- Sophie Lloyd, who secured a fantastic three A grades in Mathematics, Business Studies and Law. Sophie hopes to become a lawyer and will be studying Law at the University of Birmingham from September.
- Ellis Maddison, who achieved an A* in English Combined beyond his expectation. He also secured a grade A in History and a grade B in Media Studies. Ellis will be taking up an offer to study Journalism at the University of Leeds in the hopes of fulfilling his ambition to become a journalist.
“I’m absolutely buzzing! I didn’t expect to get an A* in English. I got up this morning and checked my UCAS and it just feels so surreal—I can’t believe it. I broke my arm before the exams and my teachers have been just amazing—I wouldn’t have got through it without them.”
Sandy Paley, Head of School, added:
“Once again the hard work and commitment from students and staff at Toot Hill College has paid off, with almost every student securing their first choice university and apprenticeship places.
I wish them the very best of luck as they embark on the next exiting phase of their lives.”
- 100% A Level pass rate at Toot Hill College for the fifth year in a row
Students and staff at Toot Hill College are celebrating another year of A Level success (18/08/2017)
- A Level success continues at Toot Hill College
Toot Hill College has yet again seen its students perform to the very highest level (18/08/2016)
- Toot Hill College achieves best ever A Level Results
Toot Hill College is pleased to announce its best ever A Level results. (13/08/2015)
- Toot Hill College achieves best ever A level results
100% pass rate and 86% of students gain an A* to C (14/08/2014)
- Toot Hill College secures best ever A-Level results
Toot Hill College secures best ever A-Level results sending record numbers of students to university (16/08/2013)
- A Level Results 2012
Another year of outstanding success (16/08/2012)
- UCAS HELPLINE
Get your questions answered online on UCAS Connect (14/08/2012)
- A Level Results 2011
Stunning success at Toot Hill College (18/08/2011)
- Ceilidh Day at Toot Hill School
Students experience the music and energy of a real Ceilidh! (Music - 22/05/2018)
- Rehearsals for the Spring Concert
Year 7's rehearse Eurovision song 'Storms' for the Spring Concert. (Music - 22/05/2018)
- Wicked trip!
GCSE Music Students at Toot Hill School visit London to see the musical 'Wicked'. (Music - 22/05/2018)
- Short Story Competition
How to vote - Closes 15th June (Learning Lounge - 21/05/2018)
- Booktrust Challenge - May 2018
'Booked' by Kwame Alexander (Learning Lounge - 21/05/2018)
- Stretch and Challenge Display
Find a book that will challenge you today! (Learning Lounge - 15/05/2018)
- Model Competition
Make your own tabletop figurine! (Learning Lounge - 01/05/2018)
- New Author of the Month - May 2018 - Tom Hoyle
Introducing a mysterious author! (Learning Lounge - 01/05/2018)
- New May Display - 2018
Including A wrinkle in time, Love Simon and Carve the mark. (Learning Lounge - 01/05/2018)
- Year 7 Science Technology Engineering & Maths (STEM) Opportunities
Year 7 students students have been signing up for opportunities to broaden their experience of STEM (STEM Pathways - 30/04/2018)