Year 7 Science Technology Engineering & Maths (STEM) Opportunities
After School micro:bit club:
8 places for year 7 students to join the exiting year 8& 9 students in the after school STEM micro:bit club have been filled! This ran with year 8 in 2017 and they are keen to pass on their skills to the new year 7s. Any other students who want to come need to add their name to the reserve list! Students will be learning to program their free mini computers and using these skills to control robotic buggies
Creative conductors STEM session on Tuesday 8th May
We have filled 44 out of 60 places for a STEM day on the 8th May. Next Tuesday 60 students will be off timetable for a two hour session with a external STEM experts visiting the school to run the session. This is a hands-on workshop combining practical skill and computer control. If there are any more year 7 students who want to come then you must act fast to secure one of the remaining 16 places. Tickets can be collected from tutors or from Mr Walters and need to be posted in the box in DT5.
These opportunities are looking good to be fantastic opportunities for students with STEM skills or interests to develop them further.
Check www.toothillschool.co.uk/STEM or follow @TootHillSTEM on twitter for future updates.
- Big Bang Fair - East Midlands STEM Event
Year 8 & 9 visit the East Midlands biggest event for Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (28/06/2019)
- Yr 10 Engineering Apprenticeship Trips
Industrial Visits to Barnstone Cement Works and John Deere in Langar. (21/06/2019)
- International Women in Engineering Day, Tarmac visit for a Yr 8 girls STEM event
Engineers from Barnstone Cement works visited Toot Hill on 22nd June to deliver a hands on workshop (11/07/2018)
- Shell Bright Ideas Challenge - STEM Club Regional WINNERS!
Our STEM Club are Regional Winners of the Competition, winning £1500 and a 2 day trip to London! (11/06/2018)
- Year 7 Science Technology Engineering & Maths (STEM) Opportunities
Year 7 students students have been signing up for opportunities to broaden their experience of STEM (30/04/2018)
- Toot Hill travels to the National Final of the Big Bang Competition
Our year 8/9 STEM club exhibited at the Big Bang Fair & another 60 year 9/10 students came along too (16/03/2018)
- The Big Bang Fair STEM Trip: Get your tickets now!
The Year 9 & 10 STEM trip to the Big Bang Fair is on Wednesday 14th March. Only 60 places available! (12/02/2018)
- STEM - Energy Quest Challenge was an interesting and fun morning for year 9.
STEM experts visited year 9 students to get them thinking (& making), off timetable for a morning (08/11/2017)
- Year 9 Energy Quest STEM Morning
On Tuesday 7th November 60 year 9 students will have a hands on STEM Morning (03/11/2017)
- Big Bang STEM Competition for year 8 & 9 starts this Wednesday
If you're in year 8 or 9 with an interest in Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths check it out (18/09/2017)
- Year 7 Parents Evening - Wednesday 20/11/2019 and Thurdsay 28/11/2019
Learning Support Drop In (Learning Support - 19/11/2019)
- Author Twitter Chats In The Learning Lounge
The Authors Of Ten Booking Street Want Your Vote! (Learning Lounge - 18/11/2019)
- Alexandra Sheppard Visits The Learning Lounge
Author of 'Oh My Gods' (Learning Lounge - 18/11/2019)
- Jazz Day 2019
The students didn't want the morning to end! (Music - 14/11/2019)
- Remembrance Day Concert
The students get ready to go on stage. (Music - 14/11/2019)
- Remembrance Day Concert
The Toot Hill Big Band join the South Nottinghamshire Male Voice Chorus. (Music - 14/11/2019)
- Sufiya Ahmed Visits The Learning Lounge
Author of 'Secrets Of The Henna Girl' (Learning Lounge - 12/11/2019)
- Small Steps Service, Nottinghamshire
Drop in group to support families of children with ADHD, Autism or concerning behaviours (Learning Support - 12/11/2019)
- Career Focus Visitor: Jack Kellas
Young Politician with Rushcliffe (Learning Lounge - 06/11/2019)
- Career Spotlight - Politics
Interested in a career in politics? Look no further... (Learning Lounge - 04/11/2019)