Jazz Day Success
On Thursday 9th October, pupils from Year 7 and 8 took part in the Jazz day workshop. The group was made up of performers on trumpets, clarinets, flutes, saxophones, drum kit, piano, guitar and bass guitar. Amazingly, in just over two hours, the instrumentalists had learned to play two pieces (C Jam Blues and Last Night) which they later performed to their peers in the Year 7 Concert. Those who attended the workshop were introduced to jazz rhythms and terminology, ensemble work, sectional work and improvisation. Pupils were given the opportunity to try out some ideas in the group and many bravely chose to include their solo's during the final performance.
The feedback from pupils was really positive and included comments like "the best day of school so far" and "it was good to meet new people who also like music". The enthusiasm spread and a number of those pupils involved opted to stay on after school and try out playing in Concert Band. Some are also going to attend the Big Band or are working towards joining in the future. Recordings of the pieces will soon be available on our 'Examples of Work' page.
- Christmas Concert, Tuesday 4 December
Students rehearse for the Christmas Concert. (25/11/2018)
- Standing ovation!
Toot Hill Big band recently played at two local World War 1 centenary celebrations. (15/11/2018)
- Year 7 Concert: great fun was had by the whole year group!
Hugh Paine (25/10/2018)
- Stunning Day with the Toot Hill Big Band at the East Bridgford Village Show
Lucy Kent and Ewan Wilson entertain hundreds of locals. (06/07/2018)
- Toot Hill Big Band at the Bingham Fair
3 generations of Toot Hill Musicians entertain the public. (06/07/2018)
- Summer Recital
Toot Hill Summer Recital at St Mary's Bingham (11/06/2018)
- Toot Hill Big Band at Bingham Methodist Bi - centenary
The Toot Hill Big Band play for a tea dance at the opening of the bi-centenary celebrations. (08/06/2018)
- Three generations of Toot Hill Big Band musicians rehearse.
Toot Hill Big Band rehearses for Bingham Fair, East Bridgford Village Show and Methodist Tea Dance. (29/05/2018)
- Ceilidh Day at Toot Hill School
Students experience the music and energy of a real Ceilidh! (22/05/2018)
- Rehearsals for the Spring Concert
Year 7's rehearse Eurovision song 'Storms' for the Spring Concert. (22/05/2018)
- The Reading Relay is Back!
3,2,1 go! (Learning Lounge - 07/01/2019)
- LGBTQ+ Display
Work Hard, Be Kind, Take Pride! (Learning Lounge - 07/01/2019)
- Career Spotlight - Health Industry
Interested in a career in medicine? Look no further... (Learning Lounge - 07/01/2019)
- New January Display - 2019
Including Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Meltdown and The Ice Monster (Learning Lounge - 07/01/2019)
- Ambassadors help shape the PE department
PE ambassadors have been now been selected! (Physical Education - 04/12/2018)
- Learning Lounge Christmas Raffle
AMAZING prizes to be won! (Learning Lounge - 04/12/2018)
- New December Display - 2018
Including The Light Jar, 147 Things and I Have No Secrets (Learning Lounge - 03/12/2018)
- Boys Reach National Cross Country National Finals!
Inter Boys Cross County Team finished a respectable 19th position overall (Physical Education - 30/11/2018)
- Phoenix Weir heading towards becoming the next Olympian!
Outstanding performance from a talented individual! (Physical Education - 29/11/2018)
- Toot Hill host first netball CVL Tournaments
Over 140 pupils participated in the U12s and U13s Netball CVL (Physical Education - 29/11/2018)