Toot Hill follows the Nottinghamshire County Council Admissions Arrangements. More information on the County Council Admissions web page.
- Guidance for Parents/Carers 2017-2018 [PDF]
- Appeals Timetable 2017 [PDF]
- Appeal Form [PDF]
- Year 6 Open Evenings 2016 [PDF]
- Letter to Parents 2016 [PDF]
- Year 6 Pupil Visit Dates 2016 [PDF]
- Orientation Morning Letter 2016 [PDF]
- Orientation Morning Activities Programme 2016 [PDF]
- Uniform Shop Summer Opening Times 2016 [PDF]
- Admissions Policy 2018-2019
- Admissions Policy 2017-2018 - updated April 2016 [PDF]
- Admissions Policy 2016-2017 [PDF]
- Map of the Catchment Area [PDF]
We organise Primary School and Sixth Form Open Evenings, when prospective parents and pupils have an opportunity to visit the school. We are also always pleased to show parents and prospective parents around the school during the working day, and to answer any questions you may have. For an appointment, please contact the school office.
Do you attend one of the Toot Hill family of schools?
We admit children from the following schools:
- Robert Miles Junior
- Langar C of E Primary
- St Peter's C of E Primary, East Bridgford
- Carnarvon Primary
- Flintham Primary
- Orston Primary
- Cropwell Bishop Primary
- Elston All Saints Anglican/Methodist Primary
- Archbishop Cranmer C of E Primary, Aslockton
- Gunthorpe C of E Primary
If your child attends one of these schools, we will make all the necessary arrangements for induction. These will include:
- Pre-visits for children to experience lessons at Toot Hill during the summer term before transfer
- Welcome evenings to provide an introduction to tutors and bases, also during the summer term
- A Year 7 parents evening in the term after admission to strengthen the links with tutors and report on how you child has settled in
If you are moving to the area
If you expect to move house, please make contact well in advance. You are welcome to look around the school. We, in turn, will need to request records and meet with you.
If you attend a school outside the Toot Hill family
We also admit pupils from other primary schools and into the Sixth Form, provided places are available.
Places in Year 7 at Toot Hill School for September 2016 will be allocated on 1st March and advised thereafter. Parents have the right to an independent appeals panel if you are not happy with the outcome of your application. Please see links above for Appeals 2016 information.
- Book Trust Challenge - April 2017 - Boy in the Tower
"When they first arrived, they came quietly and stealthily as if they tip-toed into the world" (Learning Lounge - 18/04/2017)
- New April Display (2017)
A huge selection of new books ready for you to reserve! (Learning Lounge - 18/04/2017)
- Genre Of The Month - April 2017 - Thriller/Crime
"Forced to go on the run, she hurtles from one threat to another" - Demon Road by Derek Landy (Learning Lounge - 18/04/2017)
- Orienteering Reading Challenge - April 2017 - Thriller/Crime
Its time to get searching and earn 10 credit points! (Learning Lounge - 18/04/2017)
- Waterstones Trip March 2017
Books, books, books! (Learning Lounge - 30/03/2017)