Welcome to Gifted & Talented
What does 'Gifted & Talented' mean?
The government defines Gifted & Talented learners as "children and young people with one or more abilities developed to a level significantly ahead of their year group" (or with the potential to develop those abilities).
- Gifted describes learners who have the ability to excel academically in one or more subjects such as English, Technology, Science, Mathematics, Humanities, Languages.
- Talented describes learners who have the ability to excel in practical skills such as sport, leadership, artistic performance, or in an area of vocational skill.
Toot Hill Policy and Provision
The school policy of 'Gifted and Talented' provision was agreed by the Governing Body in February 2008. This includes detailed information on identification and provision. Copies of this are available on request from the school office. In addition, all departments have a subject specific Gifted & Talented policy and Gifted or Talented lists for each year group.
Download the Information Leaflet for Parents.
The key point is that the registers act as markers for those needing extra challenge and support.
Additional provision for our Gifted & Talented learners, over and above that taking place in timetabled lessons, take a variety of forms: sports clubs and teams, music/instrumental provision, after school academies and summer schools. The Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday After School Academies administered by the Toot Hill Arts Academy begin in October and run through until June. Further information about the Academies is available from the Toot Hill Extra office, administered by Mrs Fiona Farmer.
Gifted & Talented News
- Toot Hill School secures the NACE Challenge award for the second time
On 14 Jan we were successful in our application to secure re-accreditation for the NACE Challenge (03/02/2016)
- Geography Naples Field trip for Year 10
Deadline for handing slips back is the 8th of July! (02/07/2015)
- NACE Challenge Award
Roger Black presents NACE Challenge Award to Toot Hill School (29/06/2015)
- Year 11 visit to Oxford University
An aspirational day trip to discover more about life at one of the top universities in the country (16/10/2014)
- The Big Draw: Arise & Sketch
For the first year our most promising Year 7 artists are participating in the national festival (15/09/2014)