"Extended Study is an opportunity to participate in a greater variety of enrichment and academic support sessions."
What does Extended Study look like?
- 3pm-4.15pm (Monday-Friday)
- Involves ALL Year groups, in EVERY subject
- Extended Study will run every week (except the first/last week of each half term and Parents Evenings)
Staff at Toot Hill are running an Extended Study session that fit into one of the 4 categories below:
Engaging activities that go beyond the curriculum that you are passionate about, enjoy and are interested in—from knitting to debate club.
Are you aiming for a grade 7, 8 or 9 in your GCSEs, or A/A* at A-Level? Then these sessions are for you! Begin learning university-level knowledge now!
KEEP UP NOT CATCH UP
These sessions provide additional opportunities to continue to learn the course content within a subject area. A must to ensure you stay on track.
These sessions are to develop new skills that you may not necessarily cover in your lessons. The skills you learn will have a lasting impact with you throughout your career. This could range from developing team work skills on the Duke of Edinburgh Award to cooking skills for home.
Prep Homework Hall
Prep Hall is a quiet working place you can complete school work/homework with teacher support Monday (3pm-5pm) Tuesday-Thursday (from 4.15pm-5pm).
Extended Study will not be running on the following dates this half term:
- Tuesday 3rd March (Year 8 Parents Evening 2)
- Tuesday 10th March (Year 9 Parents Evening 1)
- Thursday 19th March (Year 9 Parents Evening 2)
Please email Mr Wickens (email@example.com) if you have any queries.
- Year 8 STEM Club has begun
STEM club is back underway but this time just for year 8 and during lunchtime on a Thursday. (STEM Pathways - 17/09/2020)
- Learning Lounge on Youtube
Learn more about fantastic books! (Learning Lounge - 10/09/2020)
- New September Display - 2020
Including The Boxer, One of us is next, Black Flamingo and more! (Learning Lounge - 08/09/2020)
- How to borrow books from the Learning Lounge
Introducing Click and Collect! (Learning Lounge - 08/09/2020)
- New BookTrust Challenge - September 2020
The Dog Runner by Bren Macdibble (Learning Lounge - 07/09/2020)