"Extended Study is an opportunity to participate in a greater variety of enrichment and academic support sessions."
What does Extended Study look like?
- 3pm-4.15pm (Monday-Friday)
- Involves ALL Year groups, in EVERY subject
- Extended Study will run every week (except the first/last week of each half term and Parents Evenings/Tutor Review Day)
Staff at Toot Hill are running an Extended Study session that fit into one of the 4 categories below:
Engaging activities that go beyond the curriculum that you are passionate about, enjoy and are interested in—from knitting to debate club.
Are you aiming for a grade 7, 8 or 9 in your GCSEs, or A/A* at A-Level? Then these sessions are for you! Begin learning university-level knowledge now!
These sessions are to develop new skills that you may not necessarily cover in your lessons. The skills you learn will have a lasting impact with you throughout your career. This could range from developing team work skills on the Duke of Edinburgh Award to cooking skills for home.
This is available after Extended Study from 4.15-5.00pm Monday to Thursday for students to complete independent study and Home Learning in SC2.
Please email Mrs Rothwell (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any queries.
- Mark Ballabon - Author Visit
Home: My Life in the Universe (Learning Lounge - 05/05/2022)
- Nottingham Forest in for a Year 10 STEM assembly
Forest are working with Ideagen to promote STEM career pathways. (STEM Pathways - 03/05/2022)
- Year 11 Student leading the way for climate change and green growth
Toot Hill Student Jasmine Adams took part in the YPGGA (Whole School - 30/03/2022)
- STEM Roadshow this Thursday for 200 year 7s
We are delighted that the STEM Roadshow is back and delivering to over half of year 7 students. (STEM Pathways - 29/03/2022)
- Trek to the South Pole
An inspirational story shared to students by Captain Preet (Whole School - 22/03/2022)