Please note that school reception hours are:
- Monday to Thursday: 8.00 am to 4.30 pm
- Friday: 8.00 am to 3.00 pm
Absences - A Guide for Parents
What do I do if....
- ...I know in advance that my child will be away from school, for example for a dental or doctors appointment?
- Please let us know in advance through a note in your childs Student Planner.
- ...I wish to take my child away on holiday during term time?
- The school tries to discourage students from taking any holidays during term time. Parents receive written reminders in September and January. In the event of a request for holiday leave, a form can be completed and given to the students tutor. This has to be ratified by the Headteacher, who has sole discretion in the matter.
- ...My son/daughter is away from school and no prior notice has been given?
- Please telephone the office during the morning to confirm the absence. If no call has been received by afternoon registration, school will contact home during the afternoon of the first days absence.
Please help us to minimise this administrative work by explaining absence on the first morning of the first day, or if you know of a future absence then please advise your child's tutor either by a letter or a note in the Student Planner.
Parents can help ensure that the school has accurate contact details by informing the school if there are any changes to phone numbers etc. during the year. Please complete a Contact Information Sheet and return to the school office.
Download the Contact Information Sheet [PDF].
Medical Update Form
Download the Medical Update Form [PDF].
Educational Visit Documentation
Please complete form EV4 each time your child goes on a visit organised by the school.
School Privacy Notice and Related Documents
- School Privacy Notice (updated November 2016)
- Connexions: Your Information
Connexions Nottinghamshire is the advice, guidance and support service for all young people aged 13 to 19 in Nottinghamshire and Nottingham. Personal Advisers are linked with our school and can offer advice on education, careers, jobs and any personal issue affecting a young person.
- Book Trust Challenge - April 2017 - Boy in the Tower
"When they first arrived, they came quietly and stealthily as if they tip-toed into the world" (Learning Lounge - 18/04/2017)
- New April Display (2017)
A huge selection of new books ready for you to reserve! (Learning Lounge - 18/04/2017)
- Genre Of The Month - April 2017 - Thriller/Crime
"Forced to go on the run, she hurtles from one threat to another" - Demon Road by Derek Landy (Learning Lounge - 18/04/2017)
- Orienteering Reading Challenge - April 2017 - Thriller/Crime
Its time to get searching and earn 10 credit points! (Learning Lounge - 18/04/2017)
- Waterstones Trip March 2017
Books, books, books! (Learning Lounge - 30/03/2017)