Welcome to Admissions
Admissions arrangements For Year 7 September Intake
Toot Hill School participates in the Nottinghamshire County Council's coordinated scheme for the September Year 7 intake and applications should be made directly to them. For those children who live outside of Nottinghamshire County, parents/carers should apply on a common application form through their 'home' county. The closing date for the coordinated admission scheme is 31 October preceding admission to secondary school. Places are allocated on the National Offer Day: 1st March. More information on the Nottinghamshire County Council Admissions web page.
For information about how to appeal a decision, please see the Nottinghamshire County Council Appeals page.
We organise Primary School and Sixth Form Open Evenings, when prospective parents and pupils have an opportunity to visit the school. We are also always pleased to show parents and prospective parents around the school during the working day, and to answer any questions you may have. For an appointment, please contact the school office.
Do you attend one of the Toot Hill family of schools?
We admit children from the following schools:
- Robert Miles Junior
- Langar C of E Primary
- St Peter's C of E Primary, East Bridgford
- Carnarvon Primary
- Flintham Primary
- Orston Primary
- Cropwell Bishop Primary
- Elston All Saints Anglican/Methodist Primary
- Archbishop Cranmer C of E Primary, Aslockton
- Gunthorpe C of E Primary
If your child attends one of these schools, we will make all the necessary arrangements for induction. These will include:
- Pre-visits for children to experience lessons at Toot Hill during the summer term before transfer
- Welcome evenings to provide an introduction to tutors and bases, also during the summer term
- A Year 7 parents evening in the term after admission to strengthen the links with tutors and report on how you child has settled in
If you are moving to the area
If you expect to move house, please make contact well in advance. You are welcome to look around the school. We, in turn, will need to request records and meet with you.
If you attend a school outside the Toot Hill family
We also admit pupils from other primary schools and into the College, provided places are available.
Places in Year 7 at Toot Hill School for September will be allocated on 1st March and advised thereafter. Parents have the right to an independent appeals panel if you are not happy with the outcome of your application. Please see links above for appeals information.
- HydroFRED STEM Videos now published
Student presentations have now been professionally edited and can be seen here. (STEM Pathways - 22/07/2022)
- Year 9s presented brilliantly at the HydroFRED STEM morning
We we pleased to welcome Freedom Foundation to the school to run a session on careers in Hydrogen (STEM Pathways - 14/07/2022)
- Learning Lounge Awards Evening
...and Tamsin Winter! (Learning Lounge - 13/07/2022)
- STEM careers "field" trip to John Deere
Our year 10 students had a great experience out in the field learning about Agricultural Engineering (STEM Pathways - 12/07/2022)
- Year 8 & 9 Space Centre Trip sells out in one day!
Our trip out to the National Space Centre in Leicester proves extremely popular and is now full. (STEM Pathways - 07/07/2022)