Welcome to Admissions
Admissions arrangements For Year 7 September Intake
Toot Hill School participates in the Nottinghamshire County Council's coordinated scheme for the September Year 7 intake and applications should be made directly to them. For those children who live outside of Nottinghamshire County, parents/carers should apply on a common application form through their 'home' county. The closing date for the coordinated admission scheme is 31 October preceding admission to secondary school. Places are allocated on the National Offer Day: 1st March. More information on the Nottinghamshire County Council Admissions web page.
We organise Primary School and Sixth Form Open Evenings, when prospective parents and pupils have an opportunity to visit the school. We are also always pleased to show parents and prospective parents around the school during the working day, and to answer any questions you may have. For an appointment, please contact the school office.
Do you attend one of the Toot Hill family of schools?
We admit children from the following schools:
- Robert Miles Junior
- Langar C of E Primary
- St Peter's C of E Primary, East Bridgford
- Carnarvon Primary
- Flintham Primary
- Orston Primary
- Cropwell Bishop Primary
- Elston All Saints Anglican/Methodist Primary
- Archbishop Cranmer C of E Primary, Aslockton
- Gunthorpe C of E Primary
- Bingham Primary School
If your child attends one of these schools, we will make all the necessary arrangements for induction. These will include:
- Pre-visits for children to experience lessons at Toot Hill during the summer term before transfer
- Welcome evenings to provide an introduction to tutors and bases, also during the summer term
- A Year 7 parents evening in the term after admission to strengthen the links with tutors and report on how you child has settled in
If you are moving to the area
If you expect to move house, please make contact well in advance. You are welcome to look around the school. We, in turn, will need to request records and meet with you.
If you attend a school outside the Toot Hill family
We also admit pupils from other primary schools and into the College, provided places are available.
Places in Year 7 at Toot Hill School for September will be allocated on 1st March and advised thereafter. Parents have the right to an independent appeals panel if you are not happy with the outcome of your application. Please see links above for appeals information.
- Year 7 STEM Roadshow!
All of year 7 were lucky enough to get to see (and join in with the BAE Systems/RAF/Navy roadshow! (STEM Pathways - 09/02/2024)
- STEM: Secret Science Show was great today at Woolaton Hall
25 year 8 students attended as part of Nottingham Festival of Science and Curiosity (STEM Pathways - 06/02/2024)
- Reading Week: 29th Jan to 2nd Feb
Whole school reading week activities. (Learning Lounge - 24/01/2024)
- THINK BIG! Creativity and Careers at the year 10 STEM morning
We were delighted to welcome Nottingham Forest Community Trust back in for another great STEM event (STEM Pathways - 12/12/2023)
- The Scholastic Book Fair is Coming to Toot Hill
The Scholastic Book Fair will be in the Learning Lounge from Wednesday 22nd to Tuesday 28th November (Learning Lounge - 13/11/2023)