AS/A Level Course Content
OCR A-level computer science
Weighting - Examination: 80% / Controlled Assessment: 20%
- The characteristics of contemporary processors, input, output and storage devices
- Software and software development
- Exchanging data
- Data types, data structures and algorithms
- Legal, moral, cultural and ethical issues
- Elements of computational thinking
- Problem solving and programming
- Algorithms to solve problems and standard algorithms
- Programming in OOP and C#
What are the new BTEC Nationals?
The BTEC Level 3 ICT Extended Certificate is a vocational qualification to prepare students equally for direct entry into employment or for progression to higher education. The qualification is a worth 1 A-Level.
How are the new BTEC Nationals assessed?
The 2 internal units are assessed and graded through assignments based on work-related situations or activities with opportunities for teamwork and in-depth study. Knowledge and understanding across the programme are reinforced by externally-set exams including a 10 hour practical database exam.
Does a BTEC have the same UCAS points as an A level?
Yes, BTEC Nationals have been included in the UCAS Tariff . The qualification carries the same number of points as an A level.
What units can I study?
- Unit 1: Information Technology Systems
- Unit 2: Database Development
- Unit 3: Social Media in Business
- Unit 5: Spreadsheet Modelling