After School Clubs
STEM After School Clubs
STEM club runs every Wednesday from 15:00-16:15. So far this year we have...
- Learned 3D computer Aided Design and used the new 3D printer to make our designs
- Prepared entries for the Shell "Bright Ideas Challenge"
- Made Amplifier circuits as a practical project to play our phone music louder. (places still available!)
Past STEM club activities have included:
- Toot Hill Engineers - Year 8 After School Club: No longer meeting but plans are afoot for these talented year 9 students
- Year 9 STEM Club - Running after school in science in the autumn term (info)
- Computer Control Club - Year 8 After School Club: (utilising BBC Micro:Bit)
- Bronze Crest Award - After School Science Club run by Dr Mundell
Check back soon for updates and the latest STEM news. If you have any questions then please do not hesitate to contact us.
STEM Pathways News
- Big Bang Fair - East Midlands STEM Event
Year 8 & 9 visit the East Midlands biggest event for Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (28/06/2019)
- Yr 10 Engineering Apprenticeship Trips
Industrial Visits to Barnstone Cement Works and John Deere in Langar. (21/06/2019)
- International Women in Engineering Day, Tarmac visit for a Yr 8 girls STEM event
Engineers from Barnstone Cement works visited Toot Hill on 22nd June to deliver a hands on workshop (11/07/2018)
- Shell Bright Ideas Challenge - STEM Club Regional WINNERS!
Our STEM Club are Regional Winners of the Competition, winning £1500 and a 2 day trip to London! (11/06/2018)
- Year 7 Science Technology Engineering & Maths (STEM) Opportunities
Year 7 students students have been signing up for opportunities to broaden their experience of STEM (30/04/2018)