After School Clubs
STEM After School Clubs
STEM club runs every Wednesday from 15:00-16:15. So far this year we have...
- Learned 3D computer Aided Design and used the new 3D printer to make our designs
- Prepared entries for the Shell "Bright Ideas Challenge"
- Made Amplifier circuits as a practical project to play our phone music louder. (places still available!)
Past STEM club activities have included:
- Toot Hill Engineers - Year 8 After School Club: No longer meeting but plans are afoot for these talented year 9 students
- Year 9 STEM Club - Running after school in science in the autumn term (info)
- Computer Control Club - Year 8 After School Club: (utilising BBC Micro:Bit)
- Bronze Crest Award - After School Science Club run by Dr Mundell
Check back soon for updates and the latest STEM news. If you have any questions then please do not hesitate to contact us.
STEM Pathways News
- International Women in Engineering Day, Tarmac visit for a Yr 8 girls STEM event
Engineers from Barnstone Cement works visited Toot Hill on 22nd June to deliver a hands on workshop (11/07/2018)
- Shell Bright Ideas Challenge - STEM Club Regional WINNERS!
Our STEM Club are Regional Winners of the Competition, winning £1500 and a 2 day trip to London! (11/06/2018)
- Year 7 Science Technology Engineering & Maths (STEM) Opportunities
Year 7 students students have been signing up for opportunities to broaden their experience of STEM (30/04/2018)
- Toot Hill travels to the National Final of the Big Bang Competition
Our year 8/9 STEM club exhibited at the Big Bang Fair & another 60 year 9/10 students came along too (16/03/2018)
- The Big Bang Fair STEM Trip: Get your tickets now!
The Year 9 & 10 STEM trip to the Big Bang Fair is on Wednesday 14th March. Only 60 places available! (12/02/2018)