Shell Bright Ideas Challenge - STEM Club Regional WINNERS!
Four teams from Toot Hill's after school STEM Club entered the Shell Bright Ideas Challenge and we are delighted to announce that not only were we shortlisted in the top 50 school Nationally but one of our teams has now been confirmed as REGIONAL WINNERS. This involves £1500 STEM funding for the school, vouchers for the students and a two day, fully funded STEM trip to Make the Future Live in the Olympic Park in London.
The winning team was Keisha Dowlman, Joel Bingham and Maisie Warner whose "Bright Idea" to solve future city energy problems was for a device to Digest Food Waste and generate gas for cooking in domestic kitchens. They called it the M.A.D.E Cooker (Micro Anaerobic Digester Energy) and it obviously impressed the judges enough to award us the prestigious prize.
Honourable mentions should also go to the other 3 teams who also independently came up with an idea, tested and trialed it and put forward competition entries of their own. Well done: Dave Wood, Hasan Raoof, Tom Middleton, Ben Hollands, Aidan Herrington, Reuben Willis, Charlie Henry, Isaac Thorn, Joe Smith, Ashmit Thomas, Charlie Martindale, Kieran Donnelly, Daniel McLean and also Lewis Watt who had been a member of the winning team but dropped out part way through.
The winning team will be off to the the Shell Make the Future Live STEM Festival and Award Ceremony on July 4th and 5th.
Huge congratulations to the team and all of the other students involved!
- International Women in Engineering Day, Tarmac visit for a Yr 8 girls STEM event
Engineers from Barnstone Cement works visited Toot Hill on 22nd June to deliver a hands on workshop (11/07/2018)
- Shell Bright Ideas Challenge - STEM Club Regional WINNERS!
Our STEM Club are Regional Winners of the Competition, winning £1500 and a 2 day trip to London! (11/06/2018)
- Year 7 Science Technology Engineering & Maths (STEM) Opportunities
Year 7 students students have been signing up for opportunities to broaden their experience of STEM (30/04/2018)
- Toot Hill travels to the National Final of the Big Bang Competition
Our year 8/9 STEM club exhibited at the Big Bang Fair & another 60 year 9/10 students came along too (16/03/2018)
- The Big Bang Fair STEM Trip: Get your tickets now!
The Year 9 & 10 STEM trip to the Big Bang Fair is on Wednesday 14th March. Only 60 places available! (12/02/2018)
- STEM - Energy Quest Challenge was an interesting and fun morning for year 9.
STEM experts visited year 9 students to get them thinking (& making), off timetable for a morning (08/11/2017)
- Year 9 Energy Quest STEM Morning
On Tuesday 7th November 60 year 9 students will have a hands on STEM Morning (03/11/2017)
- Big Bang STEM Competition for year 8 & 9 starts this Wednesday
If you're in year 8 or 9 with an interest in Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths check it out (18/09/2017)
- STEM Big Bang Fair Near Me Trip
Year 9 and 10 students visit the regional exhibition and workshops for a great STEM experience (04/07/2017)
- Big Bang "Near Me" - Thursday 29th June 2017
Fantastic STEM trip to an exhibition & workshops for any year 9s & 10s who are interested in STEM. (14/06/2017)
- Ambassadors help shape the PE department
PE ambassadors have been now been selected! (Physical Education - 04/12/2018)
- Learning Lounge Christmas Raffle
AMAZING prizes to be won! (Learning Lounge - 04/12/2018)
- New December Display - 2018
Including The Light Jar, 147 Things and I Have No Secrets (Learning Lounge - 03/12/2018)
- Boys Reach National Cross Country National Finals!
Inter Boys Cross County Team finished a respectable 19th position overall (Physical Education - 30/11/2018)
- Phoenix Weir heading towards becoming the next Olympian!
Outstanding performance from a talented individual! (Physical Education - 29/11/2018)
- Toot Hill host first netball CVL Tournaments
Over 140 pupils participated in the U12s and U13s Netball CVL (Physical Education - 29/11/2018)
- Record numbers attend PE Extended Study
Toot Hill PE hold 16 clubs with over 20 staff dedicating their time to provide opportunities for all (Physical Education - 28/11/2018)
- Female football opportunities are growing across Nottinghamshire
Sophie Towle and Ella McManus have been selected to play for Notts County FC U16 (Physical Education - 28/11/2018)
- High Performance Training Squads have been named for the 2019 Touch World Cup
The training squads have been announced for the 2019 Junior Touch Championships. (Physical Education - 28/11/2018)
- Freddie McCann represented England u13's in Indoor Cricket World Cup
Finals were in New Zealand during September & October 2018 (Physical Education - 28/11/2018)