A Level Results 2011
Exceptional pass rates
In a year when competition for University places has become ever more intense, the A level results achieved by students of the College have matched all previous achievements. With a 99.7% pass rate this year and 80% of all entries being graded A*-C, students are well placed to secure their first choice in higher education.
Last year saw the first award of the new A* grade and many predicted that this would largely become the domain of independent schools. For the second year running Toot Hill students have proved this wrong and 7.9% of all entries were graded A* in 2011. This represents further improvement on 2010 results, in line with National trends, but more significantly reflects the high academic rigour that is expected within the College. It is reported that twice as many universities are looking for A* grades in 2011.
Students were well aware of the increased demand for university places this year prior to future rises in tuition fees. In order to help Toot Hill students in this competitive market the College introduced a curriculum enrichment programme that enabled students to study additional subjects including the extended project qualification that develops many of the higher order skills respected by top universities. 100% of all students entered for the extended project passed, and 51% of all entries were graded A*-A.
The College offers a diverse range of courses and student numbers are increasing year on year. This year 116 students were entered for A level examinations which makes it more of a challenge to sustain and surpass the high levels of achievement from previous years. The hard work of both staff and students have to be commended in securing these results.
Amongst the highest achievers in the College were:
- Kirsten Legg: 5 A* grades
- Emily Frapwell: 3 A* grades, 3 A grades
- Fiona Claxton: 3 A* grades
- Alison Jones: 1 A* grade, 4 A grades
- Anna Crawford: 2 A* grades, 2 A grades, 1 B grade
- Sophie Woodward: 2 A* grades, 2 A grades
- Corinne O’Sullivan: 1 A* grade, 3 A grades, 1 B grade
- Georgie Wood: 1 A* grade, 3 A grades
- Benedict Dyer: 1 A* grade, 2 A grades, 1 B grade, 1 C grade
- Jack Martin: 1 A* grade, 2 A grades, 1 B grade
- Jim Patterson: 1 A* grade, 2 A grades, 1 E grade
- Clare Mercer: 3 A grades
- Annie Godley: 3 A grades
- Safia Zerdazi: 1 A* grade, 1 A grade, 2 B grades
- Victoria Freer: 1 A* grade, 1 A grade, 1 B grade
The growing success and reputation of Toot Hill College has drawn in additional students and the College expects to have over 325 students enrolled by September 2011.
Rob Whiteley - 17th August 2011
- 100% A Level pass rate at Toot Hill College for the fifth year in a row
Students and staff at Toot Hill College are celebrating another year of A Level success (18/08/2017)
- A Level success continues at Toot Hill College
Toot Hill College has yet again seen its students perform to the very highest level (18/08/2016)
- Toot Hill College achieves best ever A Level Results
Toot Hill College is pleased to announce its best ever A Level results. (13/08/2015)
- Toot Hill College achieves best ever A level results
100% pass rate and 86% of students gain an A* to C (14/08/2014)
- Toot Hill College secures best ever A-Level results
Toot Hill College secures best ever A-Level results sending record numbers of students to university (16/08/2013)
- A Level Results 2012
Another year of outstanding success (16/08/2012)
- UCAS HELPLINE
Get your questions answered online on UCAS Connect (14/08/2012)
- A Level Results 2011
Stunning success at Toot Hill College (18/08/2011)
- Scholastic Book Fair 2018 is coming to the Learning Lounge!
Books, Posters, Stationery... (Learning Lounge - 15/02/2018)
- Autism East Midlands
8 Week Sibling Support Course Next Year (Learning Support - 13/02/2018)
- World Book Day Display
The best display ever created! (Learning Lounge - 12/02/2018)
- Bali Rai visits the Learning Lounge
Writing workshop success! (Learning Lounge - 12/02/2018)
- The Big Bang Fair STEM Trip: Get your tickets now!
The Year 9 & 10 STEM trip to the Big Bang Fair is on Wednesday 14th March. Only 60 places available! (STEM Pathways - 12/02/2018)
- Debating Club - Law Edition. Starting 28th of February.
Every Wednesday from 3.45 - 4.45pm in the LL. (Learning Lounge - 06/02/2018)
- Quizzes Galore - February 2018
Brand new enigmas waiting to be solved. (Learning Lounge - 06/02/2018)
- Creatures in the Classroom Winners
The votes are in and here are your top 3 creatures (Learning Lounge - 06/02/2018)
- Wicked Young Writers Competition
Its time to get wickedly writing (Learning Lounge - 06/02/2018)
- Author of the month - Feb 2018 - Bali Rai
Don't forget Bali Rai is visiting us on Monday the 12th of February! (Learning Lounge - 05/02/2018)