Phoenix Weir heading towards becoming the next Olympian!
In the last year, Phoenix has competed for Great Britain against France and also travelled to Croatia with the Great Britain team to compete in two tournaments there. He won the Road to Wimbledon doubles competition last summer and also got the semi-finals of the singles there in the 12U category. At the National level on the domestic scene he is currently ranked number 5 in Great Britain and has had success in singles and doubles at tournaments in Bath, Sunderland and Nottinghamshire this year.
Most recently Phoenix's parents entered him into a Liverpool Tennis Europe tournament but he was very far down the acceptance list. Due to his performance in the most recent 14U National the GB team gave him a ‘wildcard’ into the main draw.
That meant Phoenix was able to play from Monday 12th November until he was knocked out. Phoenix had a fantastic tournament and managed to win his first singles and doubles match on the first day. He played a very experienced French boy in the singles and won 6-2,6-2 and then won the doubles with his Scottish team mate, 6-3,6-4. The next singles round was the following day where Phoenix came up against no.3 seed. Unfortunately he was knocked out, despite getting a match point. However the tournament was not over for Phoenix....
Together with his friend Ben, Phoenix did get through to the semi finals in the doubles which was played on the Wednesday.
His family have been so proud of Phoenix commenting "We have been delighted with this success as some of the boys are year 10 and much bigger than himself."
Another result of his performance during October half term has meant that the GB team have given him a place in the 14U National camp at Roehampton (London). To be invited to the National camp has been an honor for Phoenix as it is very competitive for only a few places available.
From Toot Hill school we would like to say a huge congratulations to Phoenix of his progress so far and for continuing to manage such a busy schedule with training and school work - we have faith you will be the next Olympian!
- Ambassadors help shape the PE department
PE ambassadors have been now been selected! (04/12/2018)
- Boys Reach National Cross Country National Finals!
Inter Boys Cross County Team finished a respectable 19th position overall (30/11/2018)
- Phoenix Weir heading towards becoming the next Olympian!
Outstanding performance from a talented individual! (29/11/2018)
- Toot Hill host first netball CVL Tournaments
Over 140 pupils participated in the U12s and U13s Netball CVL (29/11/2018)
- Record numbers attend PE Extended Study
Toot Hill PE hold 16 clubs with over 20 staff dedicating their time to provide opportunities for all (28/11/2018)
- Female football opportunities are growing across Nottinghamshire
Sophie Towle and Ella McManus have been selected to play for Notts County FC U16 (28/11/2018)
- High Performance Training Squads have been named for the 2019 Touch World Cup
The training squads have been announced for the 2019 Junior Touch Championships. (28/11/2018)
- Freddie McCann represented England u13's in Indoor Cricket World Cup
Finals were in New Zealand during September & October 2018 (28/11/2018)
- Jess Miller International Irish Dancer
Jessica demonstrating her amazing rhythum and footwork in this short video (28/11/2018)
- England Honours for Olivia
Olivia continues to impress in her Dressage Career (16/09/2014)
- Record-breaking GCSE results
GCSE results day 2019 (Whole School - 22/08/2019)
- Another year of great A-Level results
A-Level results day 2019 (College - 15/08/2019)
- Two year 8's saxophonists play their first gig at the E B Village Show
Proud of Genevieve Edwards and Hannah Pearson in year 8, joining the band on sax (Music - 10/07/2019)
- Proud of our new trumpet section at the East Bridgford Village Show
New trumpet section with two year 7's! (Music - 10/07/2019)
- Toot Hill Big Band at the East Bridgford Village Show
The beautiful Lucy fronting the band. (Music - 10/07/2019)
- Crafty Betty Competition
Deadline 31st July (Art & Design - 09/07/2019)
- Learning Lounge Short Story Winners 2019
And the Winners are.... (Learning Lounge - 02/07/2019)
- Art Exhibition goes mobile
Mini version of exhibition makes a visit to local care home (Art & Design - 02/07/2019)
- Big Bang Fair - East Midlands STEM Event
Year 8 & 9 visit the East Midlands biggest event for Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM Pathways - 28/06/2019)
- Toot Hill Folk Band at the Barnstone Ceiilidh
Emma Parker and the Barnstone Brownies raise over £800 for charity! (Music - 21/06/2019)