A Level Results 2012
Exceptional pass rates
As competition for University places continues to grow the A level results achieved by students of Toot Hill College this year have continued the tradition of excellent achievement.
With a 99.5% pass rate this year and 83.5% of all entries being graded A*-C, students are well placed to secure their first choice in higher education.
Executive Headteacher, John Tomasevic stated:
"I am delighted with the continued success of Toot Hill College students. These excellent results reflect the hard work and dedication of students and staff and demonstrate that Toot Hill College is a place where students thrive"
Since the introduction of the A* grade at A Level Toot Hill students have regularly achieved this gold standard. This year is no exception with 41 A* grades achieved over a whole range of subjects including Art, Biology, Business Studies, Product Design, English Language and Literature, History, Law, Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Psychology, Religious Studies and Sociology.
This represents a further improvement on 2011 results, in line with National trends, but more significantly reflects the high academic rigour that is expected within the College.
Examination Success and University Destinations
Toot Hill students regularly secure places at the very best universities. Amongst the highest achievers in the College this year were:
- Jack Beard: A*A*A
- Matthew Carter: A*A*AC
- Jessica Cooper: A*A*A*B
- Olivia Evans: A*A*A
- Emily Georgiades: A*A*A
- Nathan Hunt: A*A*AB
- Katie Whiteman: A*A*AA
- Chris Rider: A*AAAB
- Paulina Kohut: AAA
- Alexander Jackson: AAAAB
- Liam Holdich: AAAB
- Stephanie Gunn: AAA
- Ben Cree: AAA
- Amy Brodie: A*AAB
- Jacob Blackmore: A*AABB
- Luke Haxby: Distinction*Distinction*Distinction Distinction (BTEC)
- Jodie Leigh-Bloom: Distinction Distinction Distinction (BTEC)
- Dan Uppal: Distinction* Distinction Distinction (BTEC)
Not all students wish to go on to university and Toot Hill College has helped to support a number of students who wish to pursue alternative pathways.
- Charlotte Stott: Charlotte has secured a job at Toot Hill as an IT apprentice
- Beth Smart: Beth is working for a year in an NHS hospital in preparation for pursuing a career in Pharmacy
- Sophie Kemp: Sophie is going on to do an art foundation course after discovering a love of furniture design during her NTEC course
- Stephanie Gunn: Steph is high level show jumper who is continuing to compete after her A Level Studies
- 100% A Level pass rate at Toot Hill College for the fifth year in a row
Students and staff at Toot Hill College are celebrating another year of A Level success (18/08/2017)
- A Level success continues at Toot Hill College
Toot Hill College has yet again seen its students perform to the very highest level (18/08/2016)
- Toot Hill College achieves best ever A Level Results
Toot Hill College is pleased to announce its best ever A Level results. (13/08/2015)
- Toot Hill College achieves best ever A level results
100% pass rate and 86% of students gain an A* to C (14/08/2014)
- Toot Hill College secures best ever A-Level results
Toot Hill College secures best ever A-Level results sending record numbers of students to university (16/08/2013)
- A Level Results 2012
Another year of outstanding success (16/08/2012)
- UCAS HELPLINE
Get your questions answered online on UCAS Connect (14/08/2012)
- A Level Results 2011
Stunning success at Toot Hill College (18/08/2011)
- Scholastic Book Fair 2018 is coming to the Learning Lounge!
Books, Posters, Stationery... (Learning Lounge - 15/02/2018)
- Autism East Midlands
8 Week Sibling Support Course Next Year (Learning Support - 13/02/2018)
- World Book Day Display
The best display ever created! (Learning Lounge - 12/02/2018)
- Bali Rai visits the Learning Lounge
Writing workshop success! (Learning Lounge - 12/02/2018)
- The Big Bang Fair STEM Trip: Get your tickets now!
The Year 9 & 10 STEM trip to the Big Bang Fair is on Wednesday 14th March. Only 60 places available! (STEM Pathways - 12/02/2018)
- Debating Club - Law Edition. Starting 28th of February.
Every Wednesday from 3.45 - 4.45pm in the LL. (Learning Lounge - 06/02/2018)
- Quizzes Galore - February 2018
Brand new enigmas waiting to be solved. (Learning Lounge - 06/02/2018)
- Creatures in the Classroom Winners
The votes are in and here are your top 3 creatures (Learning Lounge - 06/02/2018)
- Wicked Young Writers Competition
Its time to get wickedly writing (Learning Lounge - 06/02/2018)
- Author of the month - Feb 2018 - Bali Rai
Don't forget Bali Rai is visiting us on Monday the 12th of February! (Learning Lounge - 05/02/2018)