Ms Mistry's Year 9 STEM club
Year 9 STEM club WINS BP Ultimate STEM Challenge 2016!
Huge Congratulations were in order following Ms Mistry's year 9 STEM club's win in the national finals of the BP Ultimate STEM challenge by designing and testing a more efficient way to produce electricity with wind turbines. Mary Sowter, Sulaiman Raoof and Jack Kellas won overall having traveled to the Science museum in London for the final round of the competition on Monday 14th March.
This is a huge triumph to get the top spot against over 100 schools nationally.
For more pictures and further information on their success click HERE.
Well done to Ms Mistry and the team!
BP Competition report:
Article in "Innovate My School":
STEM Pathways News
- International Women in Engineering Day, Tarmac visit for a Yr 8 girls STEM event
Engineers from Barnstone Cement works visited Toot Hill on 22nd June to deliver a hands on workshop (11/07/2018)
- Shell Bright Ideas Challenge - STEM Club Regional WINNERS!
Our STEM Club are Regional Winners of the Competition, winning £1500 and a 2 day trip to London! (11/06/2018)
- Year 7 Science Technology Engineering & Maths (STEM) Opportunities
Year 7 students students have been signing up for opportunities to broaden their experience of STEM (30/04/2018)
- Toot Hill travels to the National Final of the Big Bang Competition
Our year 8/9 STEM club exhibited at the Big Bang Fair & another 60 year 9/10 students came along too (16/03/2018)
- The Big Bang Fair STEM Trip: Get your tickets now!
The Year 9 & 10 STEM trip to the Big Bang Fair is on Wednesday 14th March. Only 60 places available! (12/02/2018)